February 11, 2014

Beauty in a Bad Day

(thoughts from last week)
It had been a long day, a bad day.
The kind where it feels like everything that can go wrong does and you are counting the hours until it is over.
 I was running on about an hour of sleep and took the trash out (down 4 stories and across a field- stinking stairs) hoping to clear my head and pull myself back together.
The snow looked irresistibly fluffy and I had an urge to fall onto the fresh blanket.
I laid there in the snow staring at the sky intending to throw myself a pitty party.
However, as I watched the snowflakes float to the earth I felt as peaceful as they looked.
I stayed there for a few minutes until I was wet and cold enough to make it uncomfortable.
Even on my very worst days I am blessed beyond measure.
How grateful am I to know who I am, where I came from and where I am going.
#thechurchistrue

These photos were taken by my super talented roommate. As we walked to the game her artistic eye saw something most people miss. It is fun to see the way she looks at the world and always fun to conveniently be there to model for her. Check out her work here.



No comments:

Post a Comment