December 17, 2015

Foundation

I had a recipe.
In my mind it was perfect, ready to be cooked into a wonderful happily ever after.
He had a different plan for me.
Its become some what of a motto, stand on my foundation and look heavenward.
Trust in the plan He has.

I loved speaking in church. I was humbled to look out and see so many people that mean so much to me. I'm grateful for my team.

I'm grateful for my mission and all that it has taught me. It was a glorious 'Homecoming'.

I spoke on something my mission president taught us when we departed:
Our foundation is made up of all of our spiritual experiences.
Our foundation is Christ.
When life throws us a curve ball (a doubt or a trial) we have two choices.
1- step off our foundation by saying "well it must not be true"
or
2- Hold on to what we do know, those spiritual experiences we have had,
turn our doubts or concerns into questions,
and look heavenward for our answers.

I've seen people take both paths which has help me know what path I want to take.

Now I must live what I preached.




No comments:

Post a Comment