November 3, 2013

Time and Time Again

This is my new obsession.

I bought an old book from the DI titled Time and Time Again.
I stare down at the page and words jump out at me. When you put them all together you get something magical.

Here are just a few of the many...

10/29/13
Dare to Call it Love

I
found
love
and if love were too strong a word, surely any other would not have been strong enough for the emotion
radiated    in all human directions.
loved, in a sort of way
that
threaded the love into    pattern of     behavior

10/30/13
2 yrs

I
wish for
I think
I hope
I
managed to endure it
by some gorgeous miracle
he returned
to whatever fate might be in store

10/30/13
The unthinkable

dreams
banish
in the high drama
The darkest moment came
he
shrugged in answer,
not me. The truth
came unsought
The Times
seemed to have to ransack his memory
found it easy to forget
but at length he replied:
Addressed to me personally,
he must have known it wouldn't do

The thing about poetry is it often doesn't make sense but maybe that is why I like it. Phrases that stand out on a page of a story I have never read can mean so much to me while sounding like a few strung together words to anyone else. It has become my favorite late night stress reliever and if I am not careful can keep me awake much too late.

11/2/13
Late Nights of Freshman Year

good
time to be in college
where they best belonged
already
midnight
a girl; or rather, the girl
she was
engrossed
a chance to 
remember it
with coats and dripping umbrellas,
she was
decided
and continued

No comments:

Post a Comment