October 28, 2016

Jacob Lake + Facebook Official

I spent a few incredible days in one of the most beautiful places with the most charming guy.
I'm a pretty lucky girl if you ask me (or if you ask anyone who knows Thomas).
It is hard to explain what that weekend was like- struggling to find words to describe the way it felt to be there. (And to be blunt a lot of it was also too special for the blog anyway but my journal and I had a good time.)
It was so fun to see Thomas in the place I hear so many stories about. His family has owned Jacob Lake for a couple generations. Growing up Thomas spent every summer there and you can tell he loves it. I had the opportunity to meet most of his immediate family. The idea of meeting them actually terrified me but I had nothing to be afraid of. They were so nice and easy to be with. I think I probably spent more time with them without Thomas than I did with him there. He was busy that weekend and I was lazy. He worked as a waiter and I creepily watched him charm every table. I knew he was good at it but it was fun to watch just how good. I made a few salads and wiped off a couple of tables but for the most part I just ate a lot and chatted with T's mom or sister.
If you are looking for a good vacation location I would highly recommend a Grand Canyon get away.
http://www.jacoblake.com/
Everything I ate there felt like the new best thing I had eaten. I couldn't get over the trees or how perfect the weather was. It was nothing short of magical.
The first night we went to look at the stars. I don't remember exactly how many shooting stars I saw but it was a good number. There were so many stars in the sky and in my eyes. I felt a little like I was living a scene of a romance movie; curled up next to the most incredible boy under a sky that looked photo-shopped my heart raced a million beats per minute. I truly was star struck and stayed that way all weekend. I can't wait to go back.
It was dreamy to have T kiss me goodnight and then be the first person I saw the next morning when he came to get me for breakfast. His college apartment really isn't that far away from mine but compared to down the hall it might as well be in the next city. We were spoiled. I picked the movie one night and fell asleep in the first 10 minutes and of course he didn't wake me up because he is nice even if I put his arm to sleep. He treats me like a queen. I'm so lucky to call him mine!
I always said I would never make a relationship Facebook official. I had my reasons. However, when Thomas asked me about it all those reasons didn't seem to apply. Sooooo we are Facebook official and as silly as it seems I couldn't be happier about it. He is wonderful in every way and I will gladly call dibs on him- Facebook and all.
It is crazy to look back on the last couple of months and think that he hasn't been around as long as I feel like he has. We joke all the time that we have been dating for years not months. I've never been happier (insert corny heart eye emoji)



No comments:

Post a Comment