July 28, 2016

Space Junk and Rain Storms

I seem to get the strongest blog cravings on nights I have so many things that I really need to get done. Who needs sleep anyway? Instead we blog journal :)

There was a short summer rain storm this afternoon. Summer rain is my very most favorite! It came down so hard and fast and I couldn't get enough. The sound of big rain drops and the smell they bring seem to always inspire my thoughts to go a little deeper. I watched my young friends run around the backyard and scream in glee while thoughts of 'oh what a wonderful world' and memories of past summers rains danced around my head.
Driving home from work I opened the sun roof and rolled down all the windows and soaked in as much hot St. George goodness as I could. The months have become weeks and the weeks soon will be days before I move back to school. I love my home town (even if I complain about the heat every day).
I was lucky to grow up here. Lucky to have ran around in many of my own magical summer rain storms.
I was swimming late last night with some of the friends I danced in childhood and high school summer rain storms with. We were having a good old time when what the internet has told us was "space junk" shot across the sky. It is hard to explain just how big and bright and long it all lasted. Long enough for multiple people to jump out of the pool to try and catch a video of it.
The video didn't even come close to just how super duper awesome it was. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It kinda reminded me just how small St. George city really is. It is one city, in one state, in one country.. so on and so forth in a big giant universe full of planets and space junk. What a blessing that of all the places I could have ended up Heavenly Father let me come to S.T.G.
Maybe I'm biased but I don't believe that there is anywhere better.
Only 2 weeks left of Summer 2k16 in St. George. Maybe I'll get lucky and have more St. George summers.. we will see where life takes me. Where ever I may go-
There is no place like HOME.

 Home now includes a puppy that the longer I live with the more I like. Cooper took the picture on the right. He does pretty good for 3 years old. If I don't watch him he knows how to facetime people and LOVES any chance he gets to chat with anyone who will listen to him. He calls Zack at least 2 times every day and many more if I let him.

Blog craving killed :) and 11:00pm is the prefect time to start on today's do to list items right?

No comments:

Post a Comment