August 18, 2016

Coco

I remember when my family told me they got a dog. I was on a mission and thought they were joking. It took at least 3 weeks for me to believe that the dog wasn't a big prank. I was shocked!
We aren't dog people. I NEVER thought one would live in our house. I was unsure how I felt about it to be honest. I was a little bitter because I would miss the stage of having a cute tiny puppy. By the time I returned home from my mission Coco was still small but a full-grown dog. I didn't really like her.
She ate my stuff.
Pooped on the ground.
Barked at every person who entered the house.
I was just not sure how to handle it because I don't really like pets.

Fast forward now to this morning when I said my goodbyes to the animal that I once wasn't too fond of. I cried so hard!!! I'm still not a dog person but I am a Coco person. That cute thing has us all (me included) wrapped around her little paw. I love my dog like she is a person. (I'm one of those people now)
She makes me feel like a rock star every time I come home.
She knows when I'm sad and looks at me with big puppy eyes that say all the things I need to hear-All-star "ESA" (emotional support animal).
She is still naughty but teaches us patience and to keep our stuff off the floor.

I miss her, craziness and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment