August 24, 2016

Fresh Start

This is one of the first moments alone since moving back to Provo. It is weird to be home alone. I wanted to do a little reflection before taking part in the very social Provo night life.

I am determined to give BYU and Provo (and adulthood) a fresh start.
I struggled in various ways last semester and felt like life in Provo, as a Cougar didn't get a fair shot.

So... I'M BACK P-TOWN!

Back to looking at that Y on the mountain still having a hard time believing this is where I ended up.

Back with a new job that I like MUCH better than the one before.
I have never been happier making minimum wage. I love Swig and feel a happy kind of tired after leaving there each day.
and of course I'll be nannying because I need kids in my life to feel like Megan. This time they are blood. I've already spent a significant amount of time at my aunts and was thrilled when she offered me a job.

Back but with some good changes in housing. I am just about finished decorating my dorm room. Our apartment feels like a little home and I love being here. The people we live by are social and kind and inclusive. We are a 3 minute walk to class. It's about a perfect as could be.

Back to the stresses of being a student. I better be ready for classes to start because I just dropped $409 on textbooks. Tuition is paid for and rent will be due before I know it. Dad assures me that being a poor college students were some of the best days him and mom had.

Back to Kira and Carly. It's almost like I never left. It's fun to come home to them. It's fun to hang out with Cole and Charlie. It's fun to meet new people and begin to make new friends. It's fun to go on dates and feel nervous and excited and evaluate it all with my roommates and phone calls to mom.

Back to feeling homesick. I must like that family of mine too much because it is hard not to miss them. With Jeff and Justina in Logan and everyone else in St. George I think they should all just come to me on a regular basis because I'm in the middle.

Back to all the good and all the bad but I am in a much better place and am ready for it all.

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation. 2 Nephi 22:2


No comments:

Post a Comment