December 1, 2013

a little Thanksgiving

"When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your life." -Gordon B. Hinckley


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! You get the great food and even better company without the hustle and bustle of Christmas. I love Christmas but I think Thanksgiving is my favorite because I often get lost in the busyness of the Christmas season and lose the magic of the holiday. Thanksgiving no one is worried about gifts or decorations and it leaves more time to enjoy each other and just be focus on being grateful.
With all of that said, ironically I didn't even express what I was grateful for this last weekend so I'll do it now
Just a few of the many things I am grateful for this year:
+ First and most importantly my Savior Jesus Christ and the knowledge I have been blessed with at such a young age that he knows and loves Megan.
+ My family. 5 of people I love very most in this world. I honestly can't imagine life without them.
+ My sister's example serving a full time mission. Having her away isn't easy but I am grateful for her example. (probably safe to include several other missionaries I miss as well)
+ The opportunity I have to be an Aggie. What a wonderful opportunity I have to receive an education and I wouldn't want to do it anywhere else.
+ Good roommates. I'm glad I live with such fun girls who make me laugh and keep my insides warm in this chilly place.

That is a very short list for I have many MANY blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment