April 7, 2014

Just below the surface

I wonder what I'll think when I look back on this part of my life.

The tears came as I hugged my family goodbye this afternoon.
The tears came again when I walked into my apartment to hugs and 'i missed you's.
The tears came and keep coming. They sit right below the surface ready to leak out given any opportunity.

I wonder if the will be how the next 2 months will go. I sure hope not but the emotional ups and downs only seem to get worse as June 4th gets closer. I love college and I love the crazy, the fun, the loud, the everything. However, I can be surrounded by giggling screaming girls and yet I can feel so alone.

Bring it on Satan. I'm never alone and I recognize that these feelings of discouragement don't come from my Father in Heaven. That's what I will focus on. Time to dig deep and finish the last mile of this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment