September 1, 2016

Keep Dreaming

As I near the end of my first week of the semester I'm feeling grateful for the opportunity I have to go to school.
Today is September the 1st. 10 years ago today I cried and cried because my letter never came and I wasn't on the Hogwarts express headed toward my dream school.
Instead I find myself sitting the the library of my childhood daydream's second choice. BYU has a different feel this time around. Or maybe I'm just different this semester.
I feel excited about my classes, interested in the things I'm learning and looking forward to what lays ahead.
Now Spanish and Creative Writing aren't exactly charms and transfiguration but they're pretty cool so far.
I signed up for a beginners level Spanish class looking for some easy credits and practice at a language I feel extremely un-confident in. It was a bad idea because I got kicked out. My Professor told me I spoke too much Spanish and then I found myself SUPER stressed day 2 of school rearranging all of my classes so I could take a Spanish class suggested for returned missionaries.
I was afraid of the challenge. I was afraid of pushing myself. I was afraid of the possibility of failing.
It is sad really because growing up I was so much of a Hermione- over achiever. Somewhere along the path of adulting I've lost some of that ambition.
But the truth is... I don't want to be a Ron. I want to be a Hermione (or Ginny.. she is my favorite with her spunk and sass).
In my back to school blessing Dad blessed me to KEEP DREAMING. I was blessed with many beautiful things but that line was my favorite.
It's my new semester motto.
I can do hard things. I can take hard classes and succeed (or learn a whole lot trying). I can balance work, school and a social life. I can dream dreams and turn them into realities.
Life is beautiful
&
School is Cool.

1 comment:

  1. You keep dreaming Ginny girl!! Your life will be "magical"!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete