March 18, 2014

I love to see the temple

I've spent my whole life preparing for this day. It came much sooner than I had planned on back when I sang the words of I Love to See the Temple in Primary. I never dreamed that I would be taking this step in my life at 19. The temple is unlike anything I have experienced before. I'm so grateful to have been raised by parents who set a good example for me and helped me get there. I was very flustered and nervous going in. The fact that I forgot my temple recommend on the kitchen table and ended up being late didn't help. However, I'm pretty sure the requirements for being a temple worker include being incredibly kind and motherly and they put my nerves at ease. I'm grateful for the people who were there with me that day as well as the many who weren't but have played significant roles in getting me to this point in my life. I feel happier writing this post than I have in weeks. I'm one step closer to living with my Father in Heaven again. My life has purpose and meaning. God has a plan for His children. The blessings of the temple are beautiful! One day I'll be back in that temple to be sealed for time and all eternity. It was a great day and there aren't words for the feelings I felt.

I still love to see the temple even more now that I have been inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment