March 26, 2014

Pick Me Ups

I've experienced so many ups and downs this week. I have felt really foolish because I can't seem to control my mood or emotions. I had no excuse to be an emotional wreck but I was. I was surrounded by the usual giggles and screams of a freshman dorm and yet I felt so lonely. It was near the middle of the night but I found myself going to my rock here in Logan. Big brothers are honestly the best and I don't know what I would do without mine. Boy am I grateful for that guy who honors his priesthood and offered me a blessing and let me invade on his apartment until I could pull myself back together.
I also had another big blessing this week that came in a little package. Her name is Kira. I don't know if she will ever know how much I needed that trip to frozen yogurt (that ended up lasting all night) or her kind heart and listening ear. She had no idea that I was feeling down when she asked me if I wanted to go get ice cream. Making friends isn't as easy as I remember it being but it is easy with her. I thanked my Father in Heaven that night for sending me some easy laughter and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment