March 18, 2014

SB2k14

Post Spring Break depression is so real. The fact that it snowed today in Logan was the tipping point to my homesickness. I knew I loved St. George but I had forgotten how beautiful March is down south in my earthly form of paradise.

Taking new people down memory lane.

I did all my favorite things and couldn't have had a better 4 girls do them with me! It was a little weird to go back to so many places that hold such significant memories and make new memories there. I will always have a special place in my heart for my hometown. It has been good to me through the years and gave me the boost I was craving. Spring Break two thousand fourteen was phenomenal and here are just a few of the reasons why...
>Spent two incredible days in Zion. It is safe to say that Zion's National Park is one of my all time favorite places. Monday I survived a brutal 8 mile "stair-master, strenuous hike" with the fam bam! We hiked Observation point once while Jeff was on his mission and so we set out to do it again for Hermana Haley. It is my guess the family will pick a different hike to write my name in sticks at the top of while I am gone because that puppy kicked our butts. I'm not sure what I did to hurt myself but I spent the next few days icing and getting taped because I had to be better for round two with the roommates on Thursday. Thursday the gals and my brothers set out on one of my favorites. Angels Landing is popular and it should be. It was my 3rd time up that mountain. Angels is much more forgiving on your legs and half the mileage. I loved going back up that trail with my college friends reminiscing on last years trip up with the high school homies.
>I had fun taking my aggies (joined by my childhood bestie Steph) to some of the classic make-out look out spots of St.G. We did it the right way with a Swig run in the mix. (I'm not even going to try and explain my love for swig, just know it's deep). We hit up Dixie rock first which was more crowded than I have ever seen it by A LOT. I think every high school baseball team was there. We attempted to start a dance party but let's be honest high school kids care way too much about what others think to have a solid dance party. It gave us a lot of material to joke about for the rest of the night though and there is nothing like getting hit on by 17 year olds to boost your ego haha. After we got our dance bug out in the parking lot we headed to the D. It had been a while since I had been back there. We were the only ones up there and I think it has a way better view of the city. I sat there with girls I adore and fell in love with St. George all over again.
>The week was full of fun. I ate at my favorite restaurant, slept in my comfy bed, laughed at my goofy brothers, made new friends, saw some old ones, soaked up some sun and hot tub, had a glorious picnic, hit up down town for thrifting and St. G loving, shopping and bonding and much more! If I wrote it all this post would be a novel and I'm getting sleepy so I'll leave it with this...
I'm so grateful for good friends and a forever family! I'm so blessed! Special thanks to Ma and Pa for letting me bring the craziness home with me and for feeding us so well. I was not ready AT ALL for it to end. I saved best for last and ended the week with the Temple.

I'll steal some of Nicole Tucker Photography soon but until then here are a few iphone pics to fill the space.
 


1 comment:

  1. can I steal your pic at the D? and Get the ones from nicole of us?? :)

    ReplyDelete