May 31, 2014

muscle memory

I could make that drive with my eyes closed. (but I never would #safety)
My mind was going a million miles a minute as I once again made the turns that I know so well.
It was like greeting an old friend.
Usually the wheels of my car turn as quickly as 35/40 miles an hour required in order to make in home safely by curfew. This time I rode the brakes a little trying to soak in the warm summer air streaming through my window with the scent of cows that often accompanies the "the fields".
As I drove, windows down and radio up I reminisced on all the nights I drove the roughly 11 minutes between here and there.
I've made that drive laughing, crying and all emotions in-between. So many memories both good and bad are laced with that part of town.
That drive already feels different- I've out grown those nights. I miss it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment