February 9, 2016

A Valentine's Day Post

Love
it means something different to each of us.
I think it wasn't until the last few years that I really began to understand what it meant to me.

There is the kind of love you dream about, find in cheesy movies or watch everyone around you fall in and out of (at an alarming rate in Provo). This kind of love comes quickly and fades slowly. It cuts deep and leaves scars. It is exciting and dangerous. You open yourself up to being hurt a lot when you play this game of love. Maybe I'm bitter but this is my least favorite kind of love.

Then there is a more consistent love. I have been blessed immensely with this kind of love!!! It comes from those who know the very worst sides of you but love you anyway. They love you too much to let you make stupid decisions. They're love is strong enough to be honest even when it's hardest to be. This love lasts despite time or distance.

Most importantly there is a perfect and pure love. This love has no limits. His love is for everyone... it is for me. I have felt my Saviors love carry me, heal me and fill me.
"He hath filled me with His love, even unto the consuming of my flesh." 2 Nephi 4:21
It is His love and His commandment for us to love that I hope to focus on this Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment