February 29, 2016

My Best Bud is 5

Leap year... My whole life that concept has only had one meaning-
IT'S AUBREY'S BIRTHDAY!!
I remember a conversation I had with Mom once about the friendship Aubrey (Farrer) Cook and I have. It doesn't really make logical sense that we stayed as close as we have throughout childhood, highschool and now adulthood. We are a year apart (me older, her wiser), we went to different schools, grew up in different wards, have lived in different cities/countries and yet.. she knows me better than most.
You know those people you can go a good chunk of time without seeing and then the second you're together again all feels right in the world? That's my Aubs.
She loves me for me and has put up with plenty of my tears on her pillow. She has never been afraid to tell me what she really thinks and I've never been afraid to hear it because I know she is on my team and wants what is best for me. That is true friendship in my opinion. She is such a blessing! I'm glad I can still have her on my speed dial of support.
I don't worry about us staying friends.. my life would be incomplete without her.
I can't wait to celebrate her 6th, 7th, 14th, 20th and every Birthday in-between.
Happy 5th BEAUTIFUL Best Friend!!!
And I love Dylan too, because he makes her happy. Team Cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment