February 22, 2016

In my corner

It was Mom's Birthday...
and among all the craziness I never got the chance to write a bit of Birthday love.
 There isn't really a way for me to put my love for her into words. She is my first life-line. She is my hero. She is my role model. She is my friend. She is selfless in her love for me. She is honest with me and says the hard things. She gives 100% in everything she does. She is intelligent. She is funny- so funny. She is supportive. She is patient. She is a teacher, councilor, life-coach. She is everything I hope to one day be.
Truly blessed with the best. 
This is my favorite picture of my mom. It was taken after one of my Cross Country races. I don't think I ran very well that race. There were many finish lines when Mom would hold me and just let me cry. I took this picture with me on my mission and pulled it out numerous times trying to channel the comfort of one of those hugs. If I close my eyes I can still hear her like those days of high school running were yesterday..
"you go girl.. you got this Mo.. dig deep"
She was there
every race
every day of my mission
and every day since.
I call mom almost every single day. She answers. She continues to love me and never expects anything in return.
I don't know what it is like to be a Mother yet but I know what it feels like to be loved by one.
Elder Holland says it best in his last conference talk.. [link]
No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child.

Happy Birthday to the most important person in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment