October 20, 2013

Red Rocks

Snow Canyon State Park

Picture overload so you can share in my obsession of these red rocks I love so much!
A sunny day with the perfect Southern Utah fall temperature is hard to beat.
My happiest childhood memories included many hikes with my family. As we walked my mom told me how she wished I could remember riding around in one of those back pack things on family hikes when I was just a little girl. I might not remember those hikes but somewhere inside me I sense it. I feel happy there on those trails with the people I love very most. I belong under that bright sun in that red dirt.
It is funny the things you realize you love when you no longer have them. The red rocks have been that for me and I got a good fill of them this last weekend.  Hopefully it will carry me over until Christmas when I can find myself among them again.
The iPhone did alright with pictures I'd say.



No comments:

Post a Comment