October 1, 2013

The sweetest sound

45 minutes with my favorite Elder

Ukraine doesn't even know what is coming.

Missed the first phone call and thought the world was ending. Thank goodness for layovers! I don't know why I thought he would be any different. The boy on the other end of the phone is still the same goofy kid I adored. It felt so good to joke and laugh with him as if he left yesterday. To hear the same phrases and jokes with just a little bit of Russian added in. It wasn't one bit sad because he sounded so happy. The gospel brings such joy to the lives of those who hear and share its truth. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of the truth of this gospel. It didn't make it easier to hang up but after I did I knew I didn't want it any other way.

Я люблю тебя старейшина Esplin

You have to giggle just a little at how he put his name in my phone.
I will never ever change it.



No comments:

Post a Comment